Become a Fellow
About the Fellowship
Every year, twenty-six outstanding North American teenagers are selected as Bronfman Fellows. The highlight of the Fellowship is a five week, all expense-paid Summer Fellowship in Israel. Fellows engage in thought provoking study and conversation and make lifelong friends. Our high-caliber educators focus on teaching a broad range of traditional and contemporary Jewish texts at a university level. Fellows encounter the land and people of Israel, study major issues in contemporary Jewish life, meet with some of today's most influential figures, and learn about themselves and each other. The Fellowship year continues with seminars in December and March in New York. Fellows continue their association with the Fellowship through our extraordinarily active, 1000+ alumni community.
Eligibility and Deadlines
High School Juniors, who self-identify as Jewish, from the United States and Canada and will be sixteen by July of 2015 are eligible for the Fellowship. Fellowships cover round-trip transportation between New York and Israel, educational programming, and room, board and travel while in Israel. Room and board at orientation and the Spring Seminar in New York City are also included. Limited additional subsidies (based on need) are available to defray costs of travel to interviews, to New York for the summer program, and for follow-up alumni activities.
- Summer Dates: June 30th - August 5th 2015
- All application materials due January 6, 2015
- See a sample of the 2015 application
- Letters of recommendation and the high school transcript are requested by the applicant when beginning the online application process. See a blank sample recommendation
- The deadline to apply for the 2015 Fellowship has passed, please let us know if you want to hear from us next fall about the 2016 application.
- More questions? Check out our FAQ's