Alumni Venture Fund
Launched in 2005, the Bronfman Alumni Venture Fund (AVF) is the first Jewish mini-grant program of its kind, fundraising from our North American and Israeli alumni for the sole purpose of re-distributing that funding to alumni-led projects. The AVF has distributed over $320,000 in grants as well as valuable peer support to impactful projects led by over 170 alumni. It aims to:
- Grow projects that serve the wider community and perpetuate the values of pluralism, Jewish learning, engagement with Israel and social responsibility.
- Inspire alumni to put their talents into action. All grantee projects are led by a Bronfman alumnus, either as a volunteer or professional.
- Amplify the power of peer support: grants come from donations from Bronfman alumni and their families in North America and Israel. All grantees receive capacity building support from the alumni network.
Current AVF grantees
Projects & Process:
- The AVF supports projects and programs led by Bronfman alumni working to make an impact in their communities.
- Eligible projects must reflect the spirit of The Bronfman Fellowship and may draw on Bronfman’s core values: Jewish learning, pluralism, engagement with Israel, and social responsibility.
- Please note that projects related to political engagement must be non-partisan.
- Grants are evaluated by the AVF Grantmaking team comprised of volunteer representatives of the alumni community.
- Grants are funded from the Fellowship operating budget, and through donations from the international Bronfman community.
- The AVF also provides grantees with additional support including alumni mentors, PR, professional connections, and many other forms of support
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to donate or volunteer your services to our grantees!
Alumni from North America and Israel typically review proposals annually. Funding decisions are made within six weeks of the deadline. Recipients will be notified via e-mail by a representative of the AVF Grantmaking Team.